These are some of the quickest and most simple cookies to make when I have a sweet tooth. The recipe only calls for 5 ingredients and they are gluten-free, low carb, paleo friendly and can be vegan as well. Since they are made with avocados, they provide a great source of healthy fats and include one of the top 10 superfoods, cacao. You can’t go wrong with these cookies, they are for sure a crowd pleaser.
- 1 ripe avocado (1/2 cup mashed)
- 1/4 cup natural maple flavored sugar-free syrup or maple syrup (not low carb)
- 1/2 cup Almond butter
- 1 egg or chia egg (if vegan)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with coconut oil so cookies won’t stick
- In blender or food processor, add ripe avocado and sugar free maple syrup and blend for 30 seconds, until it forms a creamy avocado batter with no lumps.
- Add egg, (chia egg) almond butter and cacao powder and blend again for 30 seconds. Scrap down the bottom and sides, blend again for 15 seconds to fully combine batter, no lumps.
- Transfer the sticky batter into a mixing bowl and add optional cacao nibs and vanilla. Mix well to combine. Test the batter and if sweeter cookie is desired, add 2-3 liquid stevia drops. Sprinkle extra cacao nibs or chips on top of cookies if desired.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the center is set. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before you indulge! Happy baking friends!